Business Analyst (BA)
The Business Analyst (Hybrid) position with VigilantCS will report to the CEO, and play a key role in supporting various mission-critical software development initiatives.
The position provides a challenging opportunity to become a key team member in continuing to build an international award-winning regulatory/supervisory technology, gain an understanding of operating environments, provide guidance and direction in product change integration, and work with industry-leading firms and core technology partners.
- Ability to understand regulatory requirements and assess operational impact.
- Articulate business requirements, define user acceptance testing requirements.
- Understand the current state by obtaining information, with the right level of detail from many different stakeholder groups, subject matter experts, and technical resources.
- Interact with multiple clients and partners, as well as the various teams impacted by the change/additions.
- Responsible for understanding, analyzing and defining the requirements of the business and then initiating, creating and supporting the solutions to meet those requirements.
- Communicate the requirements to the developers, and work with the business area to implement and roll out deliverables.
Key Qualifications :
- 3-5 years working experience, preferably in financial services or public security.
- Knowledge of IIROC, MFDA or insurance regulatory requirements or enterprise risk management principles.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, manage and organize priorities, troubleshoot, use judgment, and deliver timely and quality results.
- Strong professional judgment, accountability, customer service, and an eye for efficiency improvements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with team members and colleagues.
- Self-starter with intellectual curiosity with a focus on independently learning new Products and associated processes with a focus on improvement.
- Preference is for candidates to be eligible for federal government secret clearance and a willingness to obtain such clearance.
- Preference ability to speak and write in French as well as English.
- This position is remote but ideally located within the Toronto or Ottawa region.
Founded by compliance professionals, VigilantCS is an innovative producer of intelligent cloud-based platforms for cost-effectively managing and monitoring conduct risk and staff-level compliance. In 2017, VigilantCS was one of only three Canadian companies to be named to the RegTech 100 list by FinTech Global. In July 2018, VigilantCS was named a Top 25 Up and Coming to ICT Company by the Branham Group Inc. for demonstrating innovation and promise. In October 2019 VigilantCS was named top RegTech newcomer and top innovator by Grant Thornton (U.K). vigilantcs.com.
- We offer a competitive salary, as well as a stock option plan.